Thread Reader




6 tweets

There are different types of Student Visas in the United States. Students therefore, should understand the peculiarities of each in order to make the best study abroad decisions. Wondering what makes each visa stand out? Thread.

1. M-1 Student Visas The M-1 student visa is for students who are coming to the United States to attend a secondary school, such as a high school. 2. F-1 Student Visas The F-1 student visa is for students who are coming to the United States to pursue a higher education,

such as a bachelor's degree or higher. The process for getting an M-1 student visa is similar to the process for getting an F-1 student visa. Once you have been accepted into a SEVP-certified school, you will need to fill out an application for a student visa. This application,

known as the I-20 form, will need to be signed by a school official and submitted to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. You will then need to attend an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, during which you will need to present your I-20 form, proof of

financial support, and evidence that you intend to return to your home country upon completion of your studies.

Ready to begin your study abroad processes? Visit today!



Apply to Universities and Colleges abroad for free using Schooliply. Have questions? Visit:

Follow on Twitter