"I think Elon Musk is a genius, and I don't use that word lightly. I think he's also one of the boldest men that ever came down the pike." - Charlie Munger Whenever anyone asks Elon Musk how he learned to build rockets, he says: "I read books."
1. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson This biography of Steve Jobs is based on Jobs' interviews and information collected from family and friends, and rivals over two years. The book was written at Jobs' request before he passed away in 2011. "Quite interesting." - Elon Musk
2.Surface Detail by Iain M. Banks science-fiction series by Iain Banks (one of Musk's favorite authors), is mainly about "The Culture", a utopian society made up of humanoid races and artificial intelligence. "I recommend all of Banks' books. Especially this book." - Elon Musk
3. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged" shows us a dystopian future with a sinking economy and a crumbling society under government oppression. "A counterpoint to communism and useful as such, but should be tempered with kindness." - Elon Musk
4. The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith The Wealth of Nations is a profoundly influential work in the study of economics and examines precisely how nations become wealthy. twitter.com/elonmusk/statu…
Read Das Kapital when I was 14, incl cross-checking English translation of original German. Adam Smith FTW obv. Ironically, future automation will naturally lead to greater equality of consumption. Monopolies are true enemy of people. Competing to serve is good.Show this thread
5. Zero to One by Peter Thiel with Blake Masters Zero to One explores how companies can better predict the future and take action to ensure that their startup is a success. "Peter Thiel has built multiple breakthrough companies, and (this book) shows how." - Elon Musk
From Munger to Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos to Bill Gates, mental models are used by the most remarkable people A mental model? Put simply, it’s a psychological explanation of how things work, providing with a new way to see the world; as a result, helping us make sense of reality
If you're looking to think like them, Start reading 100 mental models. With the help of books, cards, maps, quotes, audiobook,... it will internalize mental models in your head so that you will use them automatically. Get your copy: gumroad.com/a/485553267/Ax…
• Thank you for reading • Please share this thread if you liked it • Follow us on Twitter: @Wealth Director
Growing Your Mindset to Another Level of Excellence • Money Cure • Life Directions
Missing some tweets in this thread? Or failed to load images or videos? You can try to .