In India companies hire based on years of experience
But from 2023 companies will be hiring based on your "experiences in a year"
Here's what you need to know:
1. There is a huge misconception about how we perceive the experience.
We always get carried away when we see someone who has X years of experience and assumes that they will turn the tide and make things efficient.
2. We literally stop considering, any other parameter. Well, that’s how hiring in India works, Delegation of work functions in India.
People are either undervalued or overvalued on this one parameter - X years of experience, which isn’t fair in my opinion.
3. But what majorly matters to get better at execution and efficient at a skill is “experiences in a year”
I have observed as X years of experience increase, the experiences in a year drastically decrease.
4. Ask an IT professional, how many products they built in a year.
Ask a Govt employee how many projects he’s worked on.
Ask a professor how many new theories they have come across and implemented.
5. Remember you can have years of experience and still create no value, you can be extremely busy and end up being unsuccessful and poor.
Soon, the world will belong to people who have good numbers of experiences in a year.
6. The world updates every sec and people who have many experiences in a year will create more wealth.
The startup world is paying like crazy for folks who have many experiences in a year, People who have experiences in a year are very curious and come with very less baggage.
7. Experiences in a year are one of the reasons why freelancers, consultants, and advisors are very well compensated compared to corporate professionals.
Experiences in a year are not just limited to one skill, it’s very helpful if you have experiences in multiple skills.
8. How many experiences should you get in a year?
It’s completely subjective and depends on your appetite.
Experiences can't be quantified, they can only be qualitative.
9. As the subject depth increases over time and it is not limited in any way. Your constant focus has to be updated by some of the other methods.
On the other part, experience comes from understanding what you come across.
10. Understanding helps you to retain maximum experience derived not the same with learning.
Learning and experiences aren't correlated.
You can learn physics and still not experience it.
You can learn about relationships and still not experience it
11. How do I increase my experiences in a year?
Have a learning time and execution time every day, the volume doesn’t matter, what matters is a constant allotment of time for this activity.
Have a super diversified circle of influence, this helps you to be aware of nuances.
12.I always had this thought, Imagine in a classroom there were students from different countries and ethnicity, the learning curve would be super high.
Note down your experiences and keep reflecting back on them.
Final thoughts: People who encounter very qualitative experiences will redefine the experience for others.