i tried building my personal brand on so many platforms before finding my groove.
Twitter worked best for me for ONE reason:
i enjoyed it.
and b/c i enjoyed it. i was consistent.
• why it worked for me
• why other platforms didn’t work
• how to choose the right platform for you
why it worked:
b/c Twitter’s content type + style was my ideal combo.
all platforms favour certain content types + styles.
for Twitter it's:
• tweets: written (type) + short form (style)
• spaces: verbal (type) + audio (style)
this combo brought me joy while creating.
why other platforms didn’t work:
the content styles + types these other platforms favoured overwhelmed me.
• where do I begin?
• what's the right structure?
• will anyone find this interesting?
• does my hair look right?
• is this angle and lighting flattering?
• do I "look the part" so i resonate w/ ppl?
how to choose the right platform for you
1) pick a style: writing, speaking without a camera (audio), or speaking with a camera (video)
2) pick a type: short form, long form,
reflecting on these two things will lead you to the platform that’s right for you
b/c if you aim to build your personal brand, the platform you should always start with is the one you enjoy the most.
if you like it, you'll do the work needed to get results.
If you enjoyed this thread:
1. Follow me @kristina, with a "k" for more of these
2. RT the tweet below to share these tips to help others