Burnout is rampant in today's society.
But nobody truly knows how to deal with it.
Keep reading so you can live a happier, more fulfilling life:
Did you know there are actually three types of burnout?
I'm going to dive into each one, talk about how to identify them, and give you tips on overcoming the burnout.
This happens when you're overwhelmed by too much work or too many responsibilities, and you feel like you're drowning.
- Physical exhaustion
- A feeling of being drained
- A sense that you're constantly behind on your work.
To overcome overload burnout:
1. Set clear boundaries and prioritize your workload.
2. Break your work into smaller tasks and delegate when possible.
3. Make sure you take regular breaks to rest and recharge.
This occurs when you're not being challenged enough, and you feel like you're stuck in a rut.
- Feeling unfulfilled
- A lack of motivation or passion
To overcome under-challenge burnout:
1. Take on new challenges or learn new skills that can reignite your passions.
2. Set new goals for yourself and seek out opportunities for growth and development.
This happens when you're neglecting yourself or your relationships, and you feel like you're running on empty.
- Feelings of isolation
- Disconnecting from loved ones
- Neglecting self-care or personal well-being.
To overcome neglect burnout:
1. Prioritize self-care and relationships
2. Take time to rest and recharge, connect with loved ones, and seek out support when needed.
3. Consider setting boundaries and saying no to commitments that don't align with your values or priorities.
Remember, burnout is common.
It's important to take steps to prevent and overcome it.
You don't have to go it alone. Reach out and ask for help.
If you found this thread helpful, please:
1. Subscribe to my newsletter: pages.mattmunson.me/newsletter
2. Comment below to share your thoughts on burnout: